Sunday, July 31, 2011

Be of good cheer

I read this article today and loved it. Each of us are going through some sort of trial. In my case, it has been very easy to wish for things to be different. I wish that I would have known we were having twins sooner, I wish I hadn't lifted Ava up so many times, I wish I would have been on bedrest just becasue I was having twins, I wish I had eaten healthier and more, I wish I would have gone to the hospital sooner, I wish things would have turned out differently. I wish I wish I wish.

Wishing about the past does not bring happiness, joy, or peace. The days I wish for the past, or dream about what might have been are the days I feel miserable.

"Christ's enabling power helps us to feel happiness and cheer amid mortal gloom and doom. Misfortune and hardship lose their tragedy when viewed through the lens of the Atonement. The process could be explained this way: The more we know the savior, the longer our view becomes. The more we see His truths, the more we feel his joy."

I have noticed that when I use my mourning efforts to strengthen my testimony that I am filled with peace. When I talk about living as a family again and also about the blessings that I am recieving even right now from losing my babies, I don't feel the overwhelming sense of tragedy that otherwise fills my mind. I do have to work at it. It is easier to let my mind go free to the past and what I wish I could change. But the times when I put my faith and trust completely in my Savior are the ONLY times I feel peace about what has happened. I don't feel happy or cheerful yet, but I know I will be able to heal becasue I have help from my Savior. Over time I will become happy again, but at the moment it is nice to have times of feeling peace even amidst this tragedy.

"Part of Christ's mission is to heal broken hearts. He came to wipe away our tears, not to ensure that we would never weep."

1 comment:

  1. I think you're such an amazing woman. You continue to inspire me with your honesty about the reality of it all, but you have such courage to face it with strength in the Gospel. You're amazing!

    -Lisa Justice

    ReplyDelete