My sweet grandma sent me this poem written by her sister after losing her baby boy.
COMFORT
by Mae Maurer Holloway
God's need indeed must have been great,
For He took my son and could not wait.
Three months before his time of birth
He called my baby from this earth.
It must have been a magnificent soul
To have been called home before it's body
was whole.
And I must bow down and accept God's call,
And pray some day I'll understand it all.
Here are a couple more poems that have been sent that I really liked
The Littlest Angel:
I'm only a small child, not much do I know.
But God holds my hand as I look down below.
I'm here with the Father in the most wonderful place
yet I can't feel much joy when I see your sad face.
Your heart has been broken, I can see from up here
as you struggle along and you wipe every tear.
If only I had words I could send to you today
that would tell you that I'm home and I really am OK
Heaven is so beautiful with sparkles and white wings
and the angels are teaching me so many new things.
I'll grow and mature in this Heavenly land
while holdigng on tightly to the Father's soft hand.
So don't grieve for me now, but find peace in your soul,
and know that God has finally made your little boy whole.
And even if you can't seem to understand just "why",
please know in your heart that our love will never die.
He tells me that just for a time we must wait
adn then I can meet you at Heaven's front gate!
So for now, just know I love you in my very own way
and I can't wait to see you on that very special day!
And the last one:
Mother, do you remember when you first learned of my birth?
I wanted so much to be your son and join you down on Earth.
Of all the moms I watched down there I knew you were the best.
If you'd agree to be my mom, I knew I would be blessed.
My spirit watched my body grow, truly handosome I would be.
Thank you so much for making this little body just for me.
As time went on, you slowed down, but my body stronger grew.
I stretched, and turned, and kicked, to make sure that you knew.
I recognized my features from ancestors who'd come before.
My nose from him, my smile from her, who could ask for more?
This was my perfect family; my love for you grew strong.
Heavenly Mothers smiled, and angels sange for you their sweetest song.
The June sun shone down the day I came, to celebrate my birth.
I'd waited long to join you down there upon the Earth.
I knew that I could trust you to care for me down there.
My needs were great; I couldn't stay; it would seem so unfair.
Thank you Mom for loving me, and holding me close to you.
Thanks for the songs filled with love you sang to me too.
I picked the best of all the mothers there could ever be.
Thank you MOm for that blessed day when you gave birth to me.
Our time was short, but we are a forever family.
I'll love you Mom forever, and I'll remember forever too.
That God gave me the Mother with a heart forever true.
I'll be your son forever, Mom. We're blessed in a forever family.
2 years ago
Oh Maija-Lisa, I just caught myself up on your blog. I do not even know what words to express how deeply hurt I am that you and your family had to and are going through such heartache. I can barely see the screen. Yet the amazing strength you give me by sharing your experience and the tough emotions has lifted me to strive to be a better person. I can't even fathom the roller coaster of emotions you guys are going through. Ava is so beautiful just as her momma and those little boys in heaven I'm sure look down and admire the strength they see in you as you miss their mortal presence and mourn their absense. We are praying for you and your family and you will be in my heart especially during this difficult time.
ReplyDelete