So I went to my OB yesterday for my 2 week incision check-up, which is healing perfectly by the way. All week I was very excited to go see my doctor which is kinda weird, but I was. Well as I was driving there I started to get more and more anxious feeling. I felt like I was about to speak in front of a few hundred people and I felt sick and so scared. I was going to the place where last time we were there we found out we were having twins. It was the place that made this all seem the most real since we left the hospital. Once I got into Doctor Grover’s office I just made an effort to not look at the pregnant happy people and luckily they called me back pretty quick. The staff was very nice and sincere and had sad looks in their eyes; the kind of combination that makes me cry. They took my vitals and my blood pressure is normal in case you were wondering. Ha. I thought it was weird they took my vitals. I am not pregnant or sick or getting a physical.
Then we went to the waiting room and watched Ava explore for a few minutes until my doctor came in. It was a really good experience actually and I left the office feeling better than when I came. She sat down and talked to me for quite awhile about everything and answered all my questions. I was pleased to not feel rushed. When everything is going perfect with your pregnancy there is no need for the doctor to spend lots of time talking to you. Once something goes wrong doctors are very willing to spend lots of time with you. I noticed that first in the hospital with my breathing issues.
I found out that at my 20 week ultrasound (three weeks before our boys were born) my cervix was fully closed. Not even close to coming open at all. Sometime in the next three weeks is when it dilated 4 cm without me having any contractions. I feel better that it hadn’t been opening at my ultrasound and that there really was no way we could have been able to know this would happen. At the same time that is scary for my next pregnancy. I just know it was no ones fault.
I found out that if I want a VBAC my next pregnancy then it is ideal to wait a year before getting pregnant again. I want to have a baby way sooner than that. My doctor said a good compromise would be 6 months. I don’t want another c-section unless totally necessary so I guess we will listen to her advice. So Ava will now be over three years old before we have another baby.
Next time I get pregnant we are going to be very cautious. I will get checked a lot more often and a lot sooner than a normal pregnant person would. I most likely will get progesterone shots to help decrease chances of pre-term labor. I will go see a perinatologist. All these things my doctor said without me bringing them up which made me feel a lot better about getting pregnant again. I have read about all these things online and know some doctors may just say it was because I had twins that this happened. Most likely it was, but I still want to do everything in my power to have this NOT happen again, and I am glad my doctor agrees.
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment