Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Thank You

Tonight I have sat here reading more sweet comments and messages that people keep sending and my heart is FULL of gratitude.

I want to reply to each and every person individually, and maybe someday will get around to it, but for now I just want to say thank you to everyone.

Having so much support and love come flooding in at this very difficult time is the only way I am surviving right now. It is amazing what people's prayers, kind words as well as personal experience can do to help lift another.

Through this tragedy I have been able to see how truly blessed I am.

I have the knowledge and a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and Jared and I were blessed enough to be able to be sealed for time and all eternity 3 and a half years ago. Because of this we get to be with Carter and Mason forever. I will get to raise them someday.

I have a beautiful healthy daughter who is practically perfect in every way that I get to be a mommy to here on this earth. I have a husband who is also practically perfect in every way and who I am head over heels in love with. Our family is so amazingly happy and blessed that I am surprised something like this didn't happen sooner. I am too blessed. Something sad had to happen.

I have a house I love, a husband with a good job that allows me to stay home with Ava, a million friends and loving neighbors and a super supportive family who is willing to do anything to help me.

It may take awhile to be truly grateful for this experience, because right now it is just sad to me and quite unfair, but at least it has helped me see life in a new perspective and realize the important things in life.

Anyway, the purpose of this post really was meant to thank everyone who has fasted and prayed and commented and sent notes and flowers and messages and texts and offered help and visited. It is helping me more than you can imagine. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Maija- Liisa You are amazing. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your heart. I miss you and wish I could rewind and just go on a simple walk :) I am so saddened by your loss, but also so grateful for the knowledge that families can be forever. What a blessing. You are a beautiful person inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maija-Liisa, just remember we are all here for you. All you have to do is ask and I'll come visit! I have a ton of craft projects that we can do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm a friend of kjirsten. I have been following your blog lately, kjirsten just mentioned you needed some extra prayers. We are praying for you every day. I hope you all keep that faith and strength. Your testimony that you will raise them again just left me in awe of the strong, faithful person you are! You have a beautiful family, and Carter and mason were beyond adorable. I am so so so grateful that you will see them again. And that you will all be together for eternity. We will keep our prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how I am also here... total opposite ends. Emotionally exhausting!

    ReplyDelete