Friday, July 8, 2011

Life must go on...





Our little firecracker
Ava's new favorite hobby



Oakley using Ava as a pillow
Ava and Grandma Jenny
Ava and grandpa Brian



The week of the fourth of July just happened to be the only week we had anything planned all summer.

Other than me needing tons of rest due after my surgery there was really no reason for us not to follow through on our plans.

I don't know which is worse though. Staying home alone thinking about everything, or trying to have fun when you just aren't really up for it.

Anyway, my parents drove us to Idaho for the fourth. My favorite holiday. The fireworks were once again amazing. I felt like I was in the sky with the firework show. All the ash and pieces of fireworks hitting us probably helped. Ava loved them and her giggle and clapping was the highlight of the week. I love her. She also looked so adorable. Thank you Kendi for the cute bow :) That was on my list of things to do the week the babies were born and obviously never happened.

Then Jared's brother Tyler got married in St. George. I am so glad they get the blessings of being a forever family. That trip was hard for me. I am ready to be home now and have time to grieve and start to come to peace with the reality that this has happened, there is nothing I could have done to change it(maybe), and there is nothing I can do now to go backwards in time. I have two baby boys waiting in heaven for me, and I need to keep moving forward while I am still here on this earth.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy you went ahead with your plans. Ava looked darling in her holiday attire. I can't believe she'll climb in trees like that, what a daredevil!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are also happy that you were able to come. I am glad that Ava liked her bow, it was fun making them for all the little girlies.

    ReplyDelete