Tuesday, July 12, 2011

One more month...

...until my baby turns TWO!




Ava is 23 months today. She acts more like she is 3. In the past month or so she has gotten so big! She acts so old all the time! Well, most of the time :)


Lately one of the funniest phrases she uses is "That's not nice". It is hilarious becasue she doesn't understand quite what it means. For example, the other day I was trying to help her get up on the couch and offered her my hand. She said, "Don't help me. That's not nice!" And today Jared was patting her chest and she said, "Don't play with my heart, That's not nice!" The tone she says it in is so cute.


She is starting to get the cute little girl excitement over cute little things. Today Jared went to the gym and when I heard him drive up to the house and told Ava, "Guess what!" As soon as I said guess what she started bouncing up and down becasue I was going to tell her something exciting. Then when I told her daddy was home she said, "Daddy is home! That be fun!" I wish I could put a recording of what she sounds like becasue writing it down just doesn't do it justice.


She has a mind of her own and is starting to think she rules this house. We really need to do something about that. She tells us "Don't do that" all the time. She is very particular about her things, as well as what is mommy and daddy's. She likes to drink Ava's blue lidded milk, and most of the time won't drink mommy and daddy's green lidded milk. She has a spot on the couch in the past couple days that she doesn't want anyone to sit in becasue it is "Ava's Spot"


She can finally say her name correctly! She used to always call her self Asia. Now if we call her Asia she says, My name's Ava. She says is so seriously and it is so cute.


She knows when she makes us laugh and does things just to get us to laugh. She loves being the center of attention. One phrase we hear all the time is, "Watch this mama!" or "Watch this daddy!"


She can walk down the stairs without holding onto anything! It still scares her a bit though, and a lot of times she wants carried down the stairs. When we are in public places though and there are stairs she never wants help. Not even a hand to hold. silly girl. She can also jump with both feet at the same time. She leaves the ground about 1/2 an inch... but it is with both of her feet. This is one of her favorite activities.



She says thank you after everything I do for her usually. I was fixing her headband the other day and after I was done she said thank you. :) Now she needs to work on the please part.


She gives me hugs all the time and tells me she loves me all the time.


I am so grateful for this little girl. She is the joy of my life. She is helping bring happiness to my life during this time that is so sad. Thank you Ava for letting me be your mom!



5 comments:

  1. She is so adorable! I love that she called herself Asia, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's looking more and more like YOU! Especially in those pictures. She does have a sweet little voice. I can't believe she's almost 2. What a cute girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe she will be two! I can't believe that it was over two years ago that I went to your shower and we drove home to tell our families we were pregnant! It was killing me not to say anything at the shower. And then not long later you were "waiting" for Ava hoping she would be born sooner then later. And we hung out at Jared's parents and played curses! I can not believe that was 2 years! Time goes so much faster when you have kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so adorable! I see so many personality similarities between her and Eden and can't wait until they can meet!

    Lisa Justice

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling little lady! She looks more and more like you all the time Maija-Liisa. She sounds like she's got quite the personality. SO much fun! What a blessing she is to you guys.

    ReplyDelete