This pregnancy has had so many ups and downs, I have really felt like I am on a rollercoaster ride. Saturday I felt great. Perfectly normal, walking around I didn't even really feel pregnant. Then Sunday came and I felt the effects of Saturday. Sunday was a day that I just felt like I shouldn't be doing much becasue I felt very pregnant (hard to explain)... Anyway but I wasn't too worried becasue I have days like this all the time. I call them my bad days.
Monday I woke up and every little thing I did made my stomach get super hard. Like I couldn't even stand up from sitting without my stomach contracting. I still wasn't too nervous and just took it easy. Later that day though, I started to feel cramping in my lower stomach and back, like dull mentrual cramping. This is when I started to worry, becasue it was very similar to how I felt when I went in to the hospital for Mason and Carter. I drank tons of water, and layed down all afternoon and evening. I talked myself in and out of calling my doctor over 20 times. Finally when Jared got home he told me just to call her because he knew I wouldn't stop worrying until I did. She told me just to go get checked to be on the safe side. Luckily my mother in law was in Payson for a baseball game and was able to come over and put Ava to bed. It was very nice to not have to take Ava to the hospital. Short story: we get there, they hook me up to moniters and there is definately uterine irritation, baby is fine, and I am still just dilated to a one. Good news! The cramping was not going away though, so after monitering me for about an hour they gave me 2 percocet and sent me on my way to get a good nights sleep in my own bed. The percocet worked wonders and calmed my uterus down and when I woke up the crampiness was gone.
Silly me, I thought since I was feeling great again that going to a park with Jared and Ava wouldn't be a big deal. I would just sit on the bench and watch them play. We got there and I was sitting watching them play drinking out of my trusty hospital mug (plenty hydrated), when I started to feel slightly nausous. A minute or so later I just had to lay down because I felt very faint. So I layed on the grass which helped a lot. I still couldn't sit up though or I would feel very dizzy. So I told Jared I needed to go home. I didn't think I should drive so we left Jared's car and headed home. In the three minute drive to our house I went from bad to worse and was blacking out and felt so nausous. I felt like I was going to die. I couldn't hold myself up and just felt terrible and was collapsing on Jared's shoulder. I ended up throwing up 3 times and for some reason that helped a lot. I wasn't blacking out anymore, but still felt sick and very weak and weird. We went to the doctor that afternoon and it turns out that this is a normal pregnancy symptom. Everything looked fine, so as long as it doesn't start happening regularly I guess I am just supposed to not worry about it. We are hoping that we don't have anymore scary days like this. I think my doctor needs a break from me.
2 years ago
That whole blacking out thing totally happened to me too. Its aweful and super scary! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteWow, crazy! I'm so glad you follow your intuition and get things checked out. Way better to be safe than sorry. I hope things calm down a little and you can enjoy your pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you're having to go through all this! As if pregnancy itself wasn't long and stressful enough, now you have to add all the extra things to make you worry even more! Hang in there... I'll keep you and your baby boy in my prayers!
ReplyDelete