Tuesday, May 8, 2012

appointment

We met with our perinatologist this morning. Baby boy is still looking great! My cervix has changed in the past two weeks though and there is funneling on the inside. My cervix is about 2.2 and last appointment it was 3.2. Our doctor did not seem too worried though. She said if I was just a normal patient she would just say, you are great just go home. However, I told her I have been having more contractions the past three or so days and doing much of anything starts the feeling of irritation.

So... tomorrow we are going back for another appointment where they will do a fetal fibronectin test, and a non-stress test to see if I am having regular contractions without knowing it. The fetal fibronectin test basically can tell if you are going to go into labor within the next two weeks. We are PRAYING it is negative. If it is positive she said I will have to stay in the hospital and do steroid shots, etc. to prepare for if the baby comes and also to be close if he comes. SO basically our appointment today didn't tell us too much. But please pray that our appointment tomorrow has great news and no baby will be coming in the next two weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you and your baby boy! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I'll be checking in with you to see how it goes. I'll pray it's negative too.

    ReplyDelete