Wednesday, June 29, 2011

We were just moved from the labor and delivery down to recovery, a much smaller room. Shortly after moving we got a call from the NICU to come up. We moved maija-liisa and her bed up to the NICU so she could see the babies. When we got there things weren't looking to good, specifically for Carter. His Oxygen levels were down to 40%. That is not a sustainable level without brain damage or serious complications. Mason's was currently in the 90% range. However they both seem to flip flop with Mason's pattern following Carter's.

We decided to give them a priesthood blessing of healing and we also gave them a name and a blessing. We named their middle names after each grandfather. Mason Brian Downing and Carter Dahlen Downing. It was an emotional experience for maija-liisa and I. We are literally watching things hour by hour because things are constantly changing. We can't help but get excited and hopeful when things were bad and start to improve. It is very emotionally draining. We continue to pray and hope for the best.

One of the students there took pictures and video of us while we were up there with the babies and I will upload those.

1 comment:

  1. Maija-Liisa and Jared: You do not know me but I heard about your little twins through a Twin Group that I am a member of here in Utah County. Your twins are adorable and miracles for sure. Our twins were born at 34 weeks and were also in the NICU, thankfully for only a month, but I do still know how hard it is to not know what is going to happen. Utah Valley is SUCH a great hospital and the NICU is amazing! Do not get discouraged and just go day by day is what I have learned! I also had complications and was in the hospital myself for 17 days after the birth (one week before) with fluid in my lungs and heart failure so it was a complete scary things- Once again your twins are adorable and I will include them in our prayers- I will be following the blog for sure! From the Christophersons!

    ReplyDelete