Friday, June 17, 2011

Thoughts on TWINS

Here are some of the many thoughts that have been going through my head about Jared and ME having twins.

*Seriously? This is something you think would never happen to you. Like winning the lottery.
* This is so exciting! I can't wait to have two cute little boys to take pictures of and play with and be a mom to. Especially when they are older they can play with eachother instead of me having to entertain them all the time (Ava)
* Oh no, what if both babies are colicky and cry at the same time and Ava starts to cry and want me to "hold you" too. What the heck am I going to do then? I can only hold so much at one time. I have a very little lap.
* What are we going to do about sleeping situations for the boys? We have one crib. I really don't want to buy a new crib. I don't know if it will fit in their room. A new crib wouldn't match the other one we have.
*We have to buy a new car. Man, I was so totally set on driving my crappy honda until we had saved enough to go buy the Highlander that I really want. I was being patient and now will have to settle on something else so we can fit 3 carseats.
*I really don't want a van.
*Woah diapers. We are going to go through so many diapers! And if I am not able to get Ava potty trained by the time they come we will have THREE kids in diapers. Better start stocking up now!
*I want to breastfeed both of them, most of the time. Wow, that is going to be hard.
*I really hope my mom can come live with us for a month. or 6 :)
*What is Jared going to do about school? He can't go to school and work full time AND help me take care of 3 kids age 2 and under.
*How am I going to go anywhere with 2 tiny babies and a 2 year old?
*What stroller will work best? Oh yeah we have to sell our other stroller and car seat and buy 2 more carseats. I so could have gotten something pink for Ava in the first place since we have to buy everything all over again for these boys.
*Wow, I feel popular. Everyone suddenly goes out of their way to come talk to me :) haha.

Overall, I am soo excited to have twins. I am just planning on the first few months being mostly terrible, tiring, and testing my patience a lot. When the babies are a little older it will just get easier and easier. Luckily we have a lot of support and offers for help already so I think I can get through the tough stage. Let's hope!

Oh and most people have asked me these questions so I will answer them.

They are most likely fraternal. They have seperate sacs and placenta's. It is possible for identical, but most likely they are fraternal.

Yes it does run in my family which I didn't know. That's another reason they are most likely fraternal. Fraternal runs in families, Identical is just a random happening. My grandma's sister had twins, and someone else a couple generations back. It really does skip a generation :) It's on my mom's side.

1 comment:

  1. Wow MJ! That's so much to think about! But also so exciting! I'm sure you'll handle it just fine!
    If you need help selling your things on KSL, just let me know. I've become a master at selling stuff on KSL :)

    ReplyDelete