Tuesday, June 12, 2012

new friends

It is interesting to see the many ways there are to make friends in this world. Most of my friends have come along because they were in the same place I was all the time and we just happened to click and become friends; school, church, roommates, etc. My newest friend Rebecca came along in a very special way, and I can already tell she will be a very special friend in my life for a long time.

Her and her husband Nate went through almost the same exact scenario that Jared and I did about 6 months after Mason and Carter were born. I happened to see a picture of her beautiful babies' 23 week old hands on facebook through a mutual friend. I just had to send her a message. How often am I going to meet someone who also lost their twin babies at 23 weeks and who lived for only a few days? I am so glad I did, because she is quickly becoming one of my dearest friends. How many friends make a date to go visit their babies graves together, and get excited about it? The Lord really does bless you when you go through trials, and my new friend is definately counted among the many our family has recieved over the past year.

1 comment: