Yesterday was Mason and Carter's birthday. I had the whole day planned out and it went nothing like I expected. Luckily the birthday celebration went exactly how I hoped it would.
Anyway the day started out how I planned. I got all my stuff ready to go and first had to go to a Dr. appointment to get checked to see if it was a smart idea to go to Idaho for the Fourth of July. After that the plan was to drive up to American Fork, meet up with a friend for a play date, exchange some clothes, frost cupcakes, get balloons, and get to the cemetery for the party. The Dr. appointment was about how far I got in that plan.
I was my Dr.'s last appointment of the day and she ended up having to leave to do a delivery so another Dr. just checked me instead which was totally fine. However when she checked me it turns out that I am now dilated 2 plus she had extra wiggle room and didn't want to do something to cause me to go into labor or something. About a month ago I was barely dilated to 1. I have been having more contractions this past week and there was a night I probably should have called my Dr. and gone into labor and delivery but it was at midnight and I REALLY didn't want to do that. We would have had to drag Ava out of bed and would have been gone half the night. Luckily I slept and woke up and the contractions were gone. But they obviously have been doing something.
So anyway since the person who checked me wasn't my Dr. she wanted to get ahold of my Dr. and ask her what she wanted me to do. We were at my Dr.office from like 12:30 until 2ish, because we had to wait for my Dr. to get back from delivering that baby. Then I got sent over to l&d to get the first shot of steroids for the lungs (JUST IN CASE). We were there until about 4:30. Ava was very very good especially because those hours fall right when her nap should have been. I had to go back today for the 2nd shot. Man do those shots hurt. But if Bennett decides to come early we are now set, and he would do fairly well. So the pain is WELL worth it :)
I am not going to Idaho, sadly, since the fourth there is the BEST, and stadium of fire just doesn't even come close. But it's okay, I don't want to end up with a baby stranded in the nicu in IF and have Jared have to be back here working and me there.
It is definately not for sure that I will have him (super)early. I am not on bedrest or anything still. There is really no way to know or predict what will actually happen. I was at a 3 at 36 weeks with Ava, so it could still just be the same thing that happened with her. We are hoping he will stay in at least a few more weeks. One more month would be perfect. BUT we are so grateful to be at 31 weeks right now and would feel quite blessed even if he were born tonight. :) 31 is a heck of a lot better than 23.
Now, I just need to take it easy. I have been doing WAY too much that past couple weeks. I am going to try to slow down again, no matter how much my nesting has kicked in. Our house will just not look close to perfect... don't judge if you come over :)
That was my crazy day yesterday!! I am so happy we could still celebrate the twins birthday, or else I may have just had a super meltdown at the hospital where ironically I was giving birth exactly one year ago that day. It was weird to be there that exact day one year later. It was the one specific day I didn't want Bennett to be born on and we are now past it thank goodness :) The twins still have their own special day. And Bennett will have his :) Now we just have to wait patiently to see when that day (and month) will be!!
2 years ago
Gosh, so scary! I'm glad Bennett decided
ReplyDeleteNOT to be born that day. Also so glad you were able to celebrate the twins. Can't wait to see pics. I need ideas... of course ours is in December, when it will be just a LITTLE bit colder ;).
Wow! Looks like the day played out a little different than planned. I am glad that baby Bennett has decided to "cook" a little longer.
ReplyDelete