Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Valentine's Weekend!


Miss Ava turned SIX MONTHS old today! I will do an update on her after she goes to the doctor next week. Isn't she just the cutest thing ever?

So I am really excited that Valentine's day is on a Sunday this year, because then you get to celebrate ALL WEEKEND instead of just one day. So yesterday a few people came over and we decorated heart shaped chocolate chip cookies! They turned out so stinking cute! At the end of this post I am going to give you all a wonderful valentine's gift...the recipe to the best c.c. cookies ever. seriously. the best.

Sorry for the terrible picture. My cute husband was running late for work this morning and I made him pose with his cookie before it got devoured and the camera was being lame and I didn't have time to fix it. He is also wearing his cute new shirt :) He looks good in green.

delicious and cute :)

Fun times with friends :)

Working hard on their masterpieces


Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar

1/3 cup butter softened (real butter)

1/3 cup shortening (very important)

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

* In another bowl (very important)

1 and 1/2 cup flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

Mix both bowls seperately and then add in flour mixture. Then add chocolate chips.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-13 minutes. Don't over bake because they keep cooking after they are out of the oven.

Enjoy!! Have a great Valentine's day!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute cookies! I wish I could have come! And Ava is a doll!

    ReplyDelete