Reaching a goal you have set for yourself after working hard at it is one of the most rewarding things about life. I have a new goal. I am going to make ONE new goal each week and write about it. Since I am no longer in school and striving for excellence in the beloved testing center, or working at a job outside of my home trying to impress a boss, I feel like I am in need of some sort of structured goals in my life. I am DEFINATELY not saying that I am not doing important things right now, because taking care of Ava is by far the most wonderful and fun and exciting time in my life so far, but I am going to start setting specific goals again. They may be silly, simple, or crazy, but there will be a goal each week.
Week ONE Goal: Make my bed EVERY morning- before 10 a.m.
*I have never been one to make my bed consistently each morning, but I have found that when I do I just feel more productive and my whole day just goes better. This is a simple goal that will take about one minute each morning BUT honestly will probably be a struggle for me :) haha. I can't wait to see how it goes!
2 years ago
I love this idea! A monthly goal can seem so overwhelming, but a daily goal sounds totally do-able! I can't wait to hear how it goes! By the way, I know just what you mean about the bed, I hate making mine, but when I do, I really am more productive. The problem is, with a newborn, I never want to make it, because it always sounds so nice to just crawl back in it!!!
ReplyDeleteGrowing up my Mom always made us make our beds before we could leave for school. She would seriously make the bus wait until we had made out beds. I hated it then but now I get it. Bryce likes it when our bed is made too because the rest of the room can be a mess but if the bed is made it looks nicer. I just hate making a king bed when there's no space to maneuver around it...Best of luck!
ReplyDelete