Wednesday, July 18, 2012

pregnancy

I think baby Bennett is getting antsy to join our family, because last night I was wide awake until 2:30 am with back pain, and lots of semi-uncomfortable contractions. Finally after many back and forth decisions we decided to come to the hospital. I didn't want to deliver my almost 34 week baby at home. So we scooped Ava up out of her bed and headed to l&d. How many times is this now? I don't even think I know...

Anyway... long story short.... I am now 4 plus dilated (up 2 cm from 2 weeks ago), and was having contractions about 3-6 min apart. They gave me some meds to stop the contractions which seem to be working great. Now I am just stuck at the hospital because I am quite dilated. When she first checked me the nurse said I would be here until baby comes. My doctor said there may be a chance I can come home, but I would be on bed rest. So that's all I know. It is just a waiting game now. A boring game I might add... :)   Please pray for baby Bennett that he can develop quickly and wait even just a little longer to come!

3 comments:

  1. wow, that's crazy it's time already! We're excited for you but will pray he'll stay in a bit longer! Sorry I missed your shower, we were in California last week. But we'll stop buy a little after he's born and bring you something. Good luck with everything and please let us know what we can do to help! By the way, your 4th of july pics of Ava are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my prayers! Hopefull Bennett will stay in a little longer and if not hopefully he will be perfectly healthy despite coming a little sooner than expected! He is very anxious to be a part of your family, that's for sure! Let me know if you need anything.

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking about you. I know things will work out an this little man has lots of prayers for him. Good luck and keep us posted. Wish I was there to help.

    ReplyDelete