Friday, August 12, 2011

ava lynn







She is Two Years Old! I would say that I can't believe she is two, but I can. I have been thinking she is two forever now. She acts like such a little girl now that it was more weird that she wasn't even two yet.

Height: 34 1/4 in. 60th %
Weight: 26.2# 40th %

Things she does at two:
Call's "grandma jenny" on mommy's phone at least once a day. If I don't hang up before she answers they will chat. One time it was for at least ten minutes. Ava is her mama's girl when it comes to talking on the phone.

Kisses better anyone who has been hurt- usually me- I have to be careful to not say ouch about something unless I want Ava to come kiss it better.

Sleeps in a big girl bed! The transition was soo amazingly easy. I was so surprised. It has been for about a month now and she slept through the whole night her first night in the bed. The nap time situation has been struggling the past three days but I think it was because of last weekend so hopefully that gets better soon. Her naps are usually two hours on the dot and the past days it has been more like 45 min. Not so great.

Watches TV with eyes glued for about 45 minutes IF I let her. I use that trick when I shower. Yo Gabba Gabba is the new official favorite. Blue's Clues and Dora are a close 2nd and 3rd.

She will randomly sing songs. In the grocery store last week she was singing Follow the Prophet through the produce section. Her favorite song right now is "Nephi". A few days ago we sang it to her a million times and she had her eyes glued to our lips so she could learn the words. She does that a lot to learn how to say new words. One of the cutest songs she sings is "Tonight, Tonight, there's a party on the rooftop top of the world, tonight, la la la, la la la, la la la , la la la ." She sings the Tonight and la la parts. If you know what song I am talking about. Cute.

Talks like a 3 year old? 4 year old? Haha I don't know. I just know people are surprised she is only two. They think she is three a lot. Weird. And that is the number one comment we get about her- Man she is such a good talker!

Number two comment about her: Wow look at those blue eyes! I love her eyes.

She is such a sweet heart. But included with that is she is soo sensitive. She cries a LOT. She gets hurt so easily and needs us to confirm that she got hurt before she can move on. I try to not be over protective and I hope this is not my fault. Oh well I get lots of hugs and cuddling in because of it which I can't complain about.

She has to have daddy put her to bed at night. I tried to put her to bed tonight and said, Ava go give daddy a kiss good night!", and she got so so so sad, and crying said, "Daddy, can you rock a bye with me?". It was so sad and so cute. So I did not end up putting her to bed.

She can do a somersault all by herself. And if she goes to the side a little instead of straight over she says, Almost! and tries again until it is "perfect".
She giggles at everything. Especially when you say something wrong on purpose and she knows its wrong. It is just hilarious to her. Today I kept telling her my name is Ava and she giggled and said, No I am right here! I love how I am the funniest person in the world to her. Well, after her daddy.

She says prayers by herself and they are the cutest prayers in the world. She always says she is thankful for mommy and daddy. Today she was thankful for her green blanky.

She does not like messy-ness. Finger painting lasts about 5 minutes and then she wants her hands cleaned. If there is so much as a little crumb left from breakfast at her placemat she will not eat lunch until it is clean. She also loves to wash her hands in the sink. I finally got a stool tall enough for her to reach it herself so I don't have to hold her up to wash anymore.

She is so independent. She wants to do everything herself. Get in the car seat, booster chair, get into bed, turn on the next episode on netflix... and if you try to help she will just start all over again to make sure she did it all herself. Like I tried to help her get up on my bed and she got mad and got off the bed and then tried again to get up herself. She was determined and she succeded!

She is still such a smarty pants. She amazes me every day.






8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ava! I wish so much she and Macee could play together and be friends, because they sound identical! Seriously, probably about 95% of how you described Ava is how I would describe Macee. She is OBSESSED with Yo Gabba Gabba too, haha! Hopefully someday they can meet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maija-Liisa she is so beautiful! I adore the photos you took of her. Happy Birthday Ava!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your little Ava! She is such a fun little girl and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is Beautiful! Happy Birthday sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! She is so adorable! What a personality. It is so fun to see them develop and grow

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're pictures always look SO good! I wished we lived close so you could take some family pictures for us! Happy birthday Ava!
    - Lisa Justice

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is a beautiful little girl! Great job on the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy birthday! I can't believe it's been two years. It's seems like it was just yesterday we saw you out walking with your new little baby! :) Wow. She is getting so big, and she sure is beautiful. I love the pictures you took of her. What fun.

    ReplyDelete