working so hard!
always looking around with her pretty blue eyes
Baby Ava is doing awesome still! Yesterday I took her to her 2 week checkup and the doctor said she is very healthy. She is now 6 pounds 14 oz and they measured her at 21 1/4 inches. That is like 3 inches taller than at the hospital haha. I questioned the doctor about a baby being able to grow 3 inches in 2 weeks and he said that the heighth measurement is not very precise on babies. It is amazing how much babies change so quickly. She is quickly developing a cute little personality. She eats a LOT. We have begun to have tummy time a few times a day so her cute little head won't be misshapen. She likes to do half-push ups during this time by pushing her legs up. She is so strong! We are all getting the hang of life with a baby and it is getting much easier now that we are on a "schedule". She is waking up about 2 times per night still... once around 1 or 2:30, and then around 5 or 6:30. SO it is not too bad. Last night I got almost 8 hours of sleep. She is a lot more awake during the evening hours though. During the day I have to really try hard to keep her awake for any amount of time. She is so much fun and we love her so much!!
Oh, she is beautiful and you just can't say that about too many newborns fi you know what i mean. Congrats! I am glad that you are getting the hang of it. I don't think I even thought about saying that until my baby was 3 months old! next time you are up to visit, call me. I would love to come take some pics of that beautiful baby.
ReplyDeleteAw Maija-Liisa she is SOO cute!!! I can't figure out who she looks like, you or Jared, but it doesn't matter because she is ADORABLE! and I love her hair! Do you think her eyes will stay blue? Macee's are turning brown! That's so awesome you have her on a schedule already! I still don't really have Macee on a schedule - she basically just does what she wants, haha, except that she does have a bed time. I hope I get to meet her someday!
ReplyDeleteOh My Gosh- she is so adorable! :) I cant believe how tiny she looks. I love all of her hair too. I am so excited for you that she is finally here.
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute! I love her little outfit. She looks really alert!
ReplyDelete