Today is the day that this bundle of joy came into our lives. Last night when I went to bed I did not think that we would be going to the hospital in the morning. Maija-Liisa and I went for a long walk last night and for the whole night she was having contractions. I wasn't really very aware of it because I was in a deep sleep, but around 6:30 in the morning I could see that Maija-Liisa was experiencing harder more frequent contractions than she ever had in the past. She was having contractions about 4 min apart so we packed up and left to the hospital. When we got to the hostpital the nurse did a labor check and Maija-Liisa was only dialated to a 3 which she already had been from our previous doctor visit so the nurse said we will wait an hour and see if anything happens. After an hour nothing really had happened with the dialation but she was contracting 2 min apart, so she called the doctor and the doctor said " no more monkeys jumpin on the bed...." not really she said that we should walk around the hospital and see if we could get things moving. So we walked around in circles for about an hour and towards the end the contractions started to get more intense and she had dialated to a 4 now. At that point the doctor decided to break the water and have the baby come.
Shortly after she broke the water Maija-Liisa was experiencing much more intense contractions and it was becoming more unbearable for her so we had the anesthesiologist come and give the epidural and it was smooth sailing after that. Within an hour or so after the epidural the doctor came and within 7 minutes the baby was here. 6 pounds 9oz 18 1/2in of beauty. We are so blessed that the whole pregnancy and delivery went so well. She has so much hair it's crazy.

Congratulations! I am so glad everything went so smoothly and baby and mom are doing great! I love all the hair!
ReplyDeleteCongrats guys! What an exciting time! She's beautiful and I'm so happy that everything went smoothly and that both Maija-Liisa and Ava are doing great!
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable! I am so happy for you guys! Let me know if you are feeling up for visitors! I want to meet her, and remember how small Boston used to be! It's so fun! I hope you are enjoying the nurses waiting on you! You can ask them for snacks too. I always did around midnight since I could never sleep, and I seemed to always be hungry at that time. Anyway, I can't wait until you are all recovered and we can hang out again!
ReplyDeleteYay! Congratulations you guys! Jared and I are are so happy for you and glad that everything went so well! She is darling!
ReplyDeleteCongrats you guys! How exciting!
ReplyDelete