2 years ago
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Blah Saturday
Nursing is the hardest thing ever. I believe it is actually harder than the whole pregnancy and giving birth combined. (Maybe if I had not had an epidural I might think differently). Anyway. This morning I woke up feeling like I had the flu. I couldn't get out of bed or I would faint. Luckily my wonderful husband has recently started working from home Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturdays so he was able to take care of Ava for me. It was a terrible morning trying to pump and feeling soo nausous and not being able to pump fast enough for poor little Ava to eat to her hearts content. LUCKILY...after taking IB profen, a perkaset (sp?) and an hour of uninterrupted sleep under our thick winter covers I woke up feeling a million times better. Seriously though, no one ever told me that the whole feeling like crap during pregnancy doesn't end once you give birth. Your body really went through a lot and it takes a while to recover. Hopefully I will be able to continue nursing her...I am going to have to be strong and push myself to not give up. Let me just say, thank goodness for medicine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It really is hard!! I had the same thing happen to me with the flu. It was awful! I think the first few months are definitely the hardest. I should have warned you better about how hard nursing was because I think that is probably the biggest surprise after you have a baby. No one really ever talks about how hard it is. Maybe because it gets easier after a few months, so they forget how hard the beginning was.
ReplyDeleteI hope that you're more determined than i was! It seems like i can only feed my babies for two months then i don't have enough for them! So good luck and i hope that it gets better soon!
ReplyDeleteDon't give up on nursing yet!! It is definitely harder than people think, but the benefits for Ava are SO worth it. I also had a really hard time in the first few weeks, but once I got past the crazy postpartum recovery period, nursing got a LOT better. I am reading this book called "Eat Well, Lose Weight, While Breastfeeding" and it is great, I highly recommend it. It reinforces my confidence in breastfeeding Macee. I hope it gets better for you! :)
ReplyDelete