Wednesday, August 1, 2012

freedom

I guess I should update what has been going on. Monday my doctor decided to check me again so we could plan what was going to happen in the next few days. It turned out my cervix had not changed since I got to the hospital. The bed rest and medicine worked their magic. The contractions and constant irritability were not bothering Bennett or my c-section scar which were 2 big worries my doctor had about sending me home before. So my doctor said I could leave the hospital! I was so excited...because that place was beginning to get to me. I am already dreading eating off the hospital menu again in the next week or so. Anyway... I am still on "strict" bedrest pretty much until tomorrow and still taking contraction medicine around the clock. I am 36 weeks tomorrow so I will no longer be on bed rest, just still not overdoing it and I will begin to stop taking the medicine. My doctor is gone sat-tues so I am kinda stressing about that because I really want her to deliver this little guy. Either he needs to come by Friday or wait until next week! My mom is coming to help out so I should be able to stay pregnant longer and not have to do much until we are really ready for him to come. I just know the moment I start to take care of Ava, and stop the medicine it will be a short time before his arrival. I can tell he is getting closer to coming each day. We are at Jared's parents house for the past couple days so that there is someone to take care of Ava and we don't have to be away from each other anymore. Poor Ava has been so clingy to me since I have been out of the hospital. Hopefully we can get things a little more back to normal before Bennett comes. There is a huge difference between hospital bedrest and home bedrest. It is so hard to not do lots of little things that add up- even though I am not at my own house! The contractions have been prettty similar to the past couple weeks, except they are getting worse at night and have kept me awake quite a lot.

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you have made it this far! I have a gift I need to drop off. I have had it since before your baby shower, but was gone camping during the party. Please let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got to go home! I hope he decides to wait until your doctor gets here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for a break from the hospital bed! I'm so glad all is well. We're excited for Bennett to make his debut :) Thanks for keeping us all posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! I'm so glad you've made it so far! Cambri was born right at 36 weeks and she did great and was able to come home with me so hopefully it will be the same story for you guys! Let us know what we can do to help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a relief to be out of the hospital on good terms! Bed rest is hard enough at home, so I can only imagine how bored and lonely you must have been at the hospital! Enjoy the rest of your "break" until that baby comes! :)

    ReplyDelete