Bennett's first week of life has been happy, crazy and wonderful :)
 |
| Coming HOME!! |
 |
| Ava making sure Bennett didn't get bored in the billi bed |

Poor baby had a slight case of jaundice and we had to put him under the billi lights to make sure it didn't get worse. While we are grateful for that technology available to us, we are so happy to be done. It was quite the challenge to get him happy in the bed. We ended up putting the billi bed in our bed so we could make little adjustments to Bennett without having to get up. It is nice to no longer have neon blue lights in our eyes every night :) He is all better now.

Changing BOY diapers has been the greatest adventure so far. The first few days we failed miserably every time and ended up doing a lot of laundry. It is getting better, and no longer requires two people to change his diaper.
This little boy
likes loves to eat. Every hour (if not more) he is trying to eat his hands. The night usually starts out that way, but then he ends up sleeping for at least a 3 hour stretch a couple times. So we really have not been too sleep deprived. I know it could be much worse. He goes right back to sleep after eating. Ava was the same way which is soo nice.
When he is sleeping and gets hungry he just starts to fuss in his sleep. Ava would full out scream and cry so this is a new thing for me. He calms down SO easily. As soon as he is in my arms he stops.


He has started to be a little more alert in the evenings which is soo fun. His cute eyes and head turn to look everywhere. I love when he looks right into my eyes. He is just soo wonderful!
That is pretty much how our first week has gone. Feeding him constantly, changing diapers as fast as we can and watching his adorable little face while he sleeps. He is a good baby and so far he has been much less overwhelming than when Ava was first born.
Now we will have to see what happens this next week when Ava is back from Idaho and I start to manage two little ones. Exciting times up ahead!!
Oh my goodness, he is the cutest little boy! He looks so big and healthy! Makes me more baby hungry! I remember the first week of changing boy diapers. I learned to cover it up with a wipe while I changed him. We have so many funny stories from that first week haha. Love you and hope you're recovering well!
ReplyDeleteHe's such a cute little guy!! I had to laugh at the diaper changing comment... it's always an adventure, huh? :) You definitely deserve a sweet and content baby!
ReplyDeleteOh he is SO precious! So glad he is such a good baby. You guys both have such easy going temperaments though your kids were bound to be calm and chill. I wanna snuggle him and just smell his head! Enjoy him and I am sure Ava is going to LOVE being your helper when she comes home. She is old enough and big enough to be a real help, to know to wait and to obey when you have your hands full. Not so sure I will have the same luck!!! Rest up and enjoy your little nest.
ReplyDeleteHe is so adorable! I'm so happy for you, and love to read the joy and happiness coming through your words. Bentley is four months old now and I still get overwhelmed with two kids sometimes! :) Enjoy it because it goes by fast!
ReplyDelete