Ava is 9 months old and I can't believe it. This past month has been a fun one with lots of changes for our little girl.
She now weighs 15 lbs 10 oz and is 27 1/4 in long. She dropped from the 25th to 3rd Percentile in weight! Our doctor was kinda freaking out but I don't know what to do about it becasue she eats every 2 hours and you can't force a baby to eat more food than they want.
One of the biggest changes is that Ava got her first tooth! She has been kinda grumpy because of it but she sure looks cute with it! You can see her tooth in the picture below.
Ava is now our little dancing queen! We turn the music on and she starts boppin' her head to the beat. It is THE cutest thing ever. The tv will be on in the background while we play and all the sudden she will start dancing to a commercial that will come on with a catchy tune. Haha. I love it.
She can now clap her hands when we say "Yay Ava!" and waves bye bye and hello to people. She is a very friendly little girl and likes to give smiles to most everyone. She also likes to scream with delight. Very cute... not so much when we are at church :)
She still has the prettiest blue eyes you will ever see. We can't meet someone new without them mentioning, "Wow look at those eyes!"
She loves playing with Daddy and gets SO excited when he walks in the door after work. He likes to play silly games with her that mom would never think of doing... such as putting her in these canisters I got for Pasta and watching her try to stand in them. Haha.
We are working on crawling. As you can see she doesn't like it. She would rather roll around and scoot on her back to get places. I have to put her up on her hands and knees but she can stay there for quite awhile. She has yet to move forward on her hands and knees though.
She has so much fun playing in the sink. The shiny handles are her favorite.
She is definately getting more and more hair. I am excited it is getting longer becasue soon I can do cute things with it! She has started pulling her headbands off though... And try going anywhere near her head and you will get in trouble. She hates getting her face washed, nose blown, headbands and bows put on and clothes put over her head. She has a personal bubble that she does not want popped.
Bathtime is way fun now. She can sit up and get cleaned and splash around. We have fun playing in the bath.
This is how we usually find Ava in the morning. She used to not be able to roll over if I double wrapped her in 2 blankets, but she now does it with ease. I think she sleeps on her stomach a lot of the time. She still takes 3 naps a day- 2 two hour ones and 1 half and hour one.
I just got a great idea for a future halloween costume for her... Cindy lou who! The second picture reminds me of her. Oh and one more... The picture of her hair in pigtails reminds me of Boo from monster's inc. I love her eyes when she's trying to stand in the pasta things. :)
ReplyDeleteThe pasta picture is hilarious!! So cute!! Ava and Macee sound so much alike, it's too bad we don't live in Utah anymore, I'm sure they'd be great friends! Macee did the same thing as far as weight goes. She didn't gain any weight between her 6 and 9 month appointments. Are you still nursing Ava?
ReplyDeleteShe is definitely a cutie! And for sure, going to be a HUGE heartbreaker when she gets older!
ReplyDeleteoh, she's such a doll. She'll be crawling before you know it! I love her little tooth, too.
ReplyDeleteDon't stress about the drop in her percentiles. All of my boys have done that, especially when they started eating more solids and becoming more mobile. Some kids are just small and it's not worth stressing yourself out about it. She is obviously very healthy!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute little girl!
ReplyDeleteShe is so sweet and it looks like you guys are having a ton of fun with her. I love the crawling picture, her face is like "Mom, why are you doing this to me?!" And the one of her sitting in her carseat.....oh she is precious!
ReplyDelete