Jared and I returned home from our vacation yesterday (Best Vacation Ever)to a way happy baby to greet us at the airport. Ava was so excited to see us that she didn't know what to do with herself. We were so excited to be home and see her too!
When we got home the first thing I did was nurse her but she didn't really want to. I thought, "Oh I guess she is not hungry yet." Wrong. Ava refuses to nurse now. One Week and she has forgotten how to nurse? Or maybe the bottle is just to simple for her? She also has a cold which may be the reason. I don't know. But I DO NOT LIKE IT. It is making me really sad that I can't just nurse her and make her happy. It is also annoying when she wakes up at night to have to go all the way downstairs and get a bottle all ready and heated up and you have to wash the bottles. All around it is a huge pain and it is really making me emotional. It is like something was taken away from me...Haha I know it sounds weird. It is like she doesn't need me more than anyone else anymore. I am still trying to get her to nurse again but she just screams and gets very upset. She is much happier with a formula bottle...what the heck. I thought formula was supposed to be gross. I sure hope life gets back to normal soon.
2 years ago
I'm sad to hear that. I love nursing! It is the one thing I can do that no one else can- I know how you feel! and it is sooooo much easier. The whole bottle thing is a pain! Good Luck! Wendy
ReplyDeleteaww...i feel your pain! Brockton did the same thing to me when i got really sick and gave him a bottle for a few days and then he just never went back to nursing:( Hopefully she will decided nursing is better, because formula can get so dang expensive!! Good luck:)
ReplyDelete