Saturday, August 15, 2015

Bennett is Three!

Bennett at 3
Oh what a joy Bennett is and also what work he is.

Bennett has the greatest smile. He doesn't like it when his mommy is upset and will often ask me if I am sad or mad just to make sure everything is right in his world. I burned my finger last night and had to carry an ice pack all night and this morning he made sure to ask if my finger felt better. He is such a sweetheart.

Bennett loves to cuddle and hug and kiss. He kisses everyone and everything. He almost kissed the griddle when I was making pancakes with him the other day. Luckily I have super fast reflexes! We are a little worried for when he is a teenage boy...haha...no seriously.

Bennett takes one nap a day still. I hope this lasts another year because a small break from him during the day does his mama good. He is a busybody and a high maintenance child. Either making a huge mess or being very needy. Maybe that is just a normal child. Either way he is hard to keep up with especially while pregnant. :)

Bennett is potty trained! He doesn't wet his pants anymore. He does however need help pulling his pants down so I have to go in every time with him to get his pants down. And I can't leave when that is done or I will have a naked boy soon romping around my home. Also, boys are so messy in the bathroom. I need to clean my down stairs bathroom every single day if I want it to be presentable.

Bennett loves trains and playing with cars on his new car mat he got for his birthday. He also loves car washes and he got a toy car wash for his birthday too from grandma which he is pretty excited about!

We went bowling for Bennett's birthday and he had so much fun! He had the cutest bowling dance while he waited for the ball to go down to the pins. He also did everything by himself which was just adorable to watch. A three year old carrying a bowling ball is just hilarious and too cute!

He loves his grandma's and grandpa's soo much. They are some of his favorite people after mom, dad, and Ava.

Bennett loves to wrestle with daddy when he gets home from work. He gets so excited when it is that time of day and he hears the garage open!

Bennett is quite mischievous and likes to disobey. A lot of times he will do something just because he knows it is bugging someone (especially Ava!).

Bennett is always singing. He is musical and I wouldn't be surprised if he was quite into music as he gets older.

He also likes to look around him and figure out how things work. He is always looking at things closer to see what is happening and why.

He is a pretty picky eater. He will refuse to eat something before he has even seen it just because of what it is called... I need to be more creative in the naming of my dinner dishes. He will eat raw lettuce though which I think is hilarious. Other than that his favorite foods are chicken nuggets, pizza, and anything with sugar in it. Don't worry, he eats much healthier than that but if he had a choice he would choose treats for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast is his best meal of the day and he loves to eat eggs and oatmeal.

Bennett LOVES his sister Ava. He follows her example so much and it makes me extra grateful to have Ava be such a good example most of the time. Anytime Ava says yes or no to something, he will be saying the same thing. Days when Ava is not cooperating are quite hard.

I tell Bennett stories every night at bedtime. For the longest time is was disneyland stories. Now we are on to Piglet stories. One about a Daniel tiger cake, a surprise party, and one about a night when piglet can't sleep because things keep waking him up outside. He also loves me to lay by him "for a minute" after the stories. Bedtime takes quite a while. We bought him a new big boy bed and bedding hoping he would stay in bed all night. It hasn't worked. We are starting to use incentives to see if that will stop the coming in our room multiple times a night- hopefully before the baby comes!

 Bennett is in 10th % for weight and 40% for height. He is so skinny.

No comments:

Post a Comment