Thursday, January 17, 2013

cloth diapers!

We have been doing cloth diapers now for about 2 months. I finally feel that I am ready to write a review for all you who wanted me to let you know how it went. First, I want to say that I love them. But, they did take some getting used to.

THINGS WE HAD TO GET USED TO
- They are trickier to snap than your average disposable. At first it was super annoying to Jared and me. However, a couple months in and we are pros at it and don't think twice when putting them on.
-They are BULKY under clothes.
- You have to wash them, and hang them to dry (really doesn't take much time though- 5 min max every couple days)

CONS
- I had to buy a special laundry soap becasue our regular soap was causing a rash (the new soap solved the problem)
-You can't just "feel" to see if they are wet, and it is hard to tell when they poop because it keeps the smell in. You have to change them more often because of these things.
-You can't use diaper rash cream with cloth diapers

PROS
-Bennett has had blowouts in these diapers (however, he blows out even WORSE in disposables)
-They are soft on his bottom
-They are saving us tons of money
- We don't have pail after pail after pail of dirty diapers we have to take out.

I use cloth 90% of the time, but I am still not convinced that cloth is best for when we are out and about. I don't know if I will ever be a fan of putting a dirty diaper into my diaper bag. I would much rather throw it away at church, the store, etc.

The kind I am using is Bumgenius freetime which I love! I love that they are all in one. No stuffing, folding, etc. I hate laundry and knew cloth diapering would not last if I had to do any of that. They dry super fast. We have about 15 diapers and I wash them every couple days. I would highly reccomend them! (Bennett still has not started solid foods so we will see how that goes with cloth in about a month!)

No comments:

Post a Comment