Sunday, September 9, 2012

Bennett is 3 and a half weeks!


We are loving Bennett more and more every day! He is starting to actually be awake and Not crying or eating for a couple moments a day. He is three and a half weeks old now. He likes to pull his arms out of the swaddle... something Ava hardly ever accomplished. We finally ordered a double stroller and I can't wait for it to get here!! We have had to get creative to go on walks during fussy afternoons. Bike ride for Ava one day, wagon ride the next. Ava is pretty much obsessed with Bennett now. If he is awake and happy she is right there talking to him. It is so fun to see them "interacting" already :) Bennett is so chill in the bath now it is so cute. It calms him right down. I am loving the sponge/sink method of newborn bath giving. He stays right in place without sliding down, and I don't have to bend down to the tub like I did with Ava. It is pretty amazing. Ava is a pretty great helper when it comes to bathtime, but it seems to make Bennett a little mad when she helps for some reason. He is growing so fast I can't even believe it! Newborn stuff is not going to fit much longer! He sleeps ok at night unless I have eaten any dairy then nobody gets any sleep. He is usually in bed for the night around 8 or 9 and has his longest stretch of sleep then until about midnight or so- 3.5 hours. Then he eats, and sleeps again for another 3 hours. Then about 2 after that. Then he is up for the day. ( he naps a lot throughout the day too). It is funny that my body feels amazing when I get those 3 hours in a row. For the first couple weeks it was about every hour or maybe 2 if we were lucky. Adjusting to 2 kids to take care of has had its moments. Some that make me feel like super mom as well as times where I think that I can't possibly do this. I am sure it will get easier as more sleep and routine come along. I am loving all the responsibility for the most part. We are sooo happy he is here and ours.
 







1 comment:

  1. He is so adorable! And don't worry... having two does get a little easier once you start getting a little more sleep :)

    ReplyDelete