Friday, April 20, 2012

Where I am at

Pregnancy Update.

I am 21 weeks along. Our little guy moves around a LOT. I love it!

Last Saturday though, I was feeling Irritation in my uterus and I felt very tired and just kinda crummy, plus I had a TERRIBLE feeling all that day that something was wrong. So when Jared finished working I made us go into L&D to just have them check and make sure everything was ok. So we get there and the nurse checks and can see some irritation on the monitor and a couple contractions. They decide to check my cervix and the nurse tells us it is 1cm dilated. It felt like we were living a bad dream all over again. So my wonderful doctor comes in, even though she is not on call that weekend and checks. My cervix was over 3cm long still, but I WAS dilated, which is scary. So they decided to keep my overnight a couple nights to watch for contractions and any changes. So I had a boring weekend in the hospital being on bedrest and by Monday my Irritation was feeling a lot better and I wasn't really having any contractions. So they checked my cervix and it was the same as the last Wednesday when I had my last ultrasound to check on cervical length. Good news!! :) So they sent me home.

I am now on Progesterone and Modified bed rest. We have wonderful neighbors and friends and family who are helping out so much. I can do some things, like get myself simple microwaved food, and shower, but I am realizing I can't take care of Ava all day. She is very high maintenance. I am at about a stress level of 9.5 out of 10 and when I can't get Ava to do exactly what I say when I say it, or when she is demanding things from me that I can't do it takes me over the top. I feel so bad that I can't even take care of my daughter like I need to. So anyway, people have been watching her for either the morning before her nap or the afternoon until about her bedtime and it is making a huge difference! She needs to run around and play and be a two year old. Not just sit around and read books and watch tv, which is all I can really do with her right now. I do feel sad/guilty that I am missing out of huge chunks of her day though because usually it is just Ava and me hanging out 24/7 (minus sleep). It will definitely be worth it though to have a healthy baby boy in the end.

So it is a weird situation right now and I definitely want to err on the side of over-caution than pushing myself just a little too hard and having things end terrible wrong. Hopefully everything will just continue to stay the same. I think after I pass these next few weeks and get past 23 weeks I will not be so worried... (maybe). Right now I feel like an insane person. I have either seen or talked to my doctor over the phone 5 out of the last 6 days. Quite ridiculous I know. Losing babies makes a person just a little bit paranoid.

So anyway, please pray for us and our baby that he will be able to stay inside for a few more months! And thanks to everyone who has already helped out- I have such amazing people in my life.

4 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about you and how things have been going. I'm glad you have so much help. I'll be praying for you and your sweet little one these next few weeks. It's good your taking it easy. There are so many people willing to help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. I've been thinking about you and your pregnancy and just hoping and praying for the best. Glad that things got back on track and we will definitely keep you guys in our prayers. Good luck with everything and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Maija-Liisa I'm sorry you have to go through this, but I'm so glad it's gotten better! I wish I lived closer cause I would play outside with Ava everyday so you could get your rest. We're moving to salt lake next weekend, but I'll try and come down soon to visit you. Thanks for the update and I'm requesting a baby bump picture :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's so scary. I'm so glad you have such good mother intuition to get things checked out. We are thinking and praying for your little family. I would love to watch Ava if you ever need an extra hand!! Just give me a call!

    ReplyDelete