Thursday, April 26, 2012

Great Day

We finally had an appointment with my favorite Perinatologist who had been out of town in Hawaii when I went to the hospital two weeks ago. We just heard more and more great news from her. My cervix is still at a good length and she ended up telling me I am not actually officially dilated. And even if I was, dilation means a lot less in terms of preterm birth than cervix length does. Basically it is nothing to worry about as long as your cervix length is still good. Baby boy already weighs 1 lb 1oz, which is exactly what Carter weighed when he was born. Crazy. It is so weird to think I have a baby the size of Mason and Carter inside. Even though my stomach is big, it doesn't seem big enough for that. Maybe I am forgetting just how tiny my boys were.

So anyway, she wants to see me one more time in a couple weeks, and then she said that will be it. I won't get to go in for ultrasounds every two weeks anymore. She was so optimistic and helped me believe for the first time that we will be bringing a baby home. She says I don't need to be on bed rest. I told her I am putting myself on modified bed rest for the next week in order to make it past the point that I delivered Mason and Carter. I need to do that for my sanity. She agreed that is a good idea. My mom will be taking Ava for a few days next week so that will make it a lot easier to do nothing for one more week.

After hearing all this great news I have been SO excited. I told Jared it is like I found out that I was pregnant for the first time. That excitement normal people feel from the beginning is finally here! :) I am now wanting to get everything ready for our little guy and can't wait to put all the cute baby stuff together. I am finally talking to Ava more often about our baby. I am not past 23 weeks yet, so obviously there is still fear, but my doctor was just so dang positive that it is hard to not believe her. That is why she is my favorite.

I also bought 3 new pairs of yoga pants which are the most comfy things I have ever owned. What a great day. :)

6 comments:

  1. Congrats, that is fantastic news! You guys have been in my prayers. Enjoy the next week of relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! I'm SO happy to hear that great news and that's so great that it's so much more exciting for you now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I've been thinking about you. I'm so glad about your news. Good idea for partial bedrest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes my heart happy :). Ha! I've got to see your doctor next time around. I'm back in town, lets plan something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read your previous post and my heart was breaking for you! I know how long and stressful bedrest can make the pregnancy, so I'm so glad for the update and that you got such great news! I'm so happy for you, but of course you guys will continue to be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greatest news I've heard today! Continued best wishes and prayers for all of you! The Orr's love you all!

    ReplyDelete