Friday, April 20, 2012

the past month

 
 We have had a busy past month or so full of storytime, parks, picnics, and friends. My good friend Carol came to visit her brother in SLC from Louisiana, and it was soo good to see her. She is one of the most kind and genuine people I have ever met. She brought her cute little niece along and we played around at the Gateway mall on one of our first beautiful spring days of the year. Ava loved the splash pad, especially when it played music. She also liked to make wishes.. she wished for candy. It was her lucky day because there was a whole cart of quarter candy machines right by that wishing well. :)

Springville has the best story time ladies. We try to make it a weekly thing to go there and then play at a park or read stories after depending on the weather.

 Ava loves chillin' with her daddy. She always says, DADDYYYYY!!!!! really cute when she sees him. I am so glad I got such a great catch when it comes to husbands who are good dads. I just need to help him learn how to do her hair and make sure her clothes match and he will be good to go :) SUCH a good dad.
So we have both extremes of weather here in the past few weeks. One day it is shorts and sunshine, the next a full blown blizzard. We got dumped on. Ava only lasted a very short while outside mostly becasue I didn't want to go dig my boots out and therefore she had to play along in the snow. Playing alone= something Ava is not very good at.

I have discovered one of the best things for summer play. Mix cornstarch, water and food coloring and let them paint with brushes on the sidewalk. It turns into chalk basically and just cleans away as easily as chalk would. Ava is very popular when she is outside doing this.
 Last week my mom was coming to Salt Lake to leave for Hawaii the next day. So we met up and went to the new City Creek mall. We had a bunch of fun adventures. We took the tracks and my sister had her stroller. When our stop came we hurried and started to get Oakley buckled in her stroller and Kjirstin was right behind me and Ava. Well, Ava and I got off the train and right behind us the doors closed. We both pressed the open button on each side but the door never opened. Kjirstin and Oakley had to go to the next stop and walk back to where we were. Kjirstin's face as the train drove away was priceless. I was laughing so hard. She had my purse too so I didn't have my phone or anything with me. I was very happy to see her again. After eating at Cheesecake factory (which was an adventure itself with two tired little girls), we went to go back to our car and it was raining. As soon as we got on the train it started to rain even harder so by the time we got off it was pouring. Our car was about half a block away so my mom picked Ava up and we were "running" as fast as we could to get out of the rain. We got into the hotel and we were busting up laughing. We were soaked. Then a group of people came by and I overheard a girl talking and she said, "I can't tell whether is is just wet out there or if it is raining." I turned to her and I said, "It is raining." Then we all started laughing. Ava looked the funniest with her hair all in her face and her expression. It was a fun night. That day I bought the first outfit for our little guy, his coming home outfit. I told Jared I hope I didn't jinx anything... stay tuned for the next post. I may have. I am struggling to not buy anything. I want to go and buy a million outfits for our little boy. Oh and you can see my 20 week belly in this picture. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment