Sunday, July 5, 2009

Rockets Red Glare and Bombs Bursting in Air

Everyone waiting for the fireworks to begin
So my Favorite Holida ever took place this last week. I have come to find out that it is a lot of people's favorite holiday. I guess when you combine playing outside, being with the people you love most, Most of the time amazing summer weather, parades, barbeques, homemade root beer, and most importantly FIREWORKS, how could it not be your favorite? I absolutely Love the fourth of July, and I have ever since I was a little girl. Idaho Falls has the best fireworks show! It is way impressive since it is not really that big of a town. Usually my family gets a spot to watch them RIGHT across from where they take off. It is amazing to watch and hear and feel from that spot. They look like they are going to fall down on you and the whole time you feel the pounding in your chest. The only downside is the ash that really does sometime hit you... but I think it is worth it. This year we were down by the temple instead...and although it was still really pretty, and impressive, and I still loved them.... never again will we sit in that lame spot. They just weren't loud enough, nor did they make my chest vibrate with excitement that I couldn't handle, and they didn't look big enough or like they were going to fall from the sky onto me. Once you sit across from them once, there is no going back. It probably also didn't help that i am almost 8 months pregnant and was trying not to think about how uncomfortable laying on the grass was the whole time :) haha.

Me and Jared, and Kjirstin and Jon

This year during the day we woke up and had a yummy pancake breakfast that my mom made and then headed to watch a little bit of the parade. When we got home we went swimming for a couple hours and had an awesome barbeque with some of the best homemade root beer I have ever tasted. Later that afternoon we went down to hang out by the river. While we were there it began to rain. Luckily we had an umbrella, but the blankets got all wet. It was a little worrisome that the weather would be bad all night, but it cleared up, the blankets dried and we were able to enjoy a fun evening playing games down by the river. It was such a fun day and I am so glad my husband was willing to come to Idaho Falls two years in a row to celebrate my favorite holiday in the world! I just don't know if it would be the same anywhere else.

Getting ready to swim!
Me brother Jaron, and cousin Bracken hangin by the river

No comments:

Post a Comment