Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Hogging the Monkey Bars

Ava has been loving practicing the monkey bars lately. I have to hold her the whole way across but she can do about three bars without me helping at all.  Earlier that week she had been reading a story and in it the girl wanted to play on the monkey bars but said so-and-so was "hogging the monkey bars". I think the story is what sparked her interest in being able to do the monkey bars. So the other day I was helping her cross the bars a few times, and she was so excited she made it across. I said, "Ava, good job! You crossed the monkey bars!" And Ava replied, "No mom, I just hogged the monkey bars."

It took me a few seconds to get what she was saying, but when I got it I busted up laughing so hard. Cute girl thought "hogging" the monkey bars was an alternative word for crossing them.

I just love how Ava learns and incorporates (or tries to anyway) new vocabulary every single day!

No comments:

Post a Comment