Thursday, November 15, 2012

terrible twos...torturous threes

Ava oh Ava.

I don't know what to do with you.

Ava is the definition of defiance these days. I ask her to sit, she will want to stand. I ask her to put her boots on, she wants her sparkly flats. I ask her to put her sparkly flats on, she wants to go barefoot.

She wants to do everything herself, and hardly ever lets me do anything for her. I am glad she is independent, but it does get frustrating when you do something for her "accidently" and she freaks out. It also takes a looong time to get anything done.

I have to be careful what I ask her to do, or not do, because she will most likely decide she wants the opposite of whatever I suggest. Tonight we went on a walk and there was ice. I asked her to walk where there was not ice which made her go out of her way to walk on the ice. oy vey.

Gratefully she is still a sweetheart a lot of the time. One extreme or the other with this little girl.

2 comments:

  1. I just read this book called The Child Whisperer by Carol Tuttle. It has opened my eyes to why Macee does the things she does! I highly suggest reading it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to laugh when I read this post because this is exactly how Eden is right now! Holy cow... it's so hard to figure out the right thing to do and say sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete