The rest of the day I spent up in SLC with Kjirstin shopping and eating delicious food. She made me the cutest happy birthday sign! Jon watched Oakley so it was actually a pretty relaxing shopping trip since there were two of us taking care of Ava rather than 2 babies and 2 moms. That is always hectic and you feel like you can't do much talking.
Then Saturday the 30th, you know that day that we woke up to a winter wonderland?, we went and dropped Ava off at the g-parents and drove to FABULOUS St. George. Although it was not the hottest day there, we were still able to wear summer clothes and be fine. I was so happy to get away from winter in Utah Valley on the last day of April. UGh. We had such a fun day of going on little hikes, and eating at Texas Roadhouse and Iceburg for dessert. Then we went and saw Lonestar. I honestly didn't really know what songs were theirs when I went but I knew that I liked their songs. We ended up knowing quite a few of the songs and had fun. There were a ton of retirees in the audience which was funny to watch. I got to hear the song that first made me like country live which was exciting- "Front Porch Looking In". So cute, and I love it even more with Ava in my life. It was soo much fun having a get away with Jared! It was the perfect birthday present! He knows me well... just include sunshine, and going somewhere NOT in Utah Valley, and you have the perfect present for Maija-Liisa :)
Ps. This is where I want to live... Look at how beautiful it is. And SOO warm!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment