Wednesday, May 18, 2011

All About Ava










Ava is 21 months now, only 3 months from being two! She amazes us more and more everyday. Some things Ava does at 21 months:

Goes to bed and sleeps like a champ- most nights. She sleeps 12 hours average. 9:30-9:30. Takes a nap around noon or one every day for 2-2.5 hours.

Loves Nursery. Walks in without even glancing behind to see us leave. (She does cry sometimes when I go back in to do singing time in there and won't want me to leave. She gets over it in about ten seconds though when I do leave)

LOVES her daddy. From the moment Jared leaves she says, "home soon", and tells me this half a dozen more times throughout the day. Daddy puts her to bed every night.

Sits in a booster chair at the dinner table like a big girl. Has the funniest appetite. Seriously, what baby would prefer grilled salmon over macaroni and cheese?? She loves steamed broccoli, edemame, rice, chicken, and recently has started liking whole grain bread (IF I cut it with a cookie cutter making it become "star bread") She hates chocolate pudding, macaroni and cheese (both make her gag with one lick), potatoes are iffy, she won't eat anything with sauces or condiments such as jam on bread, ketchup on fries, ranch on veggies. Don't get me wrong though. This little girl definately has a sweet tooth. She loves candy, marshmallows and "tookies".

She speaks in sentences. No one word requests from Ava.

Picks up a lot from her momma :) Yesterday I was looking for my phone. I asked, "Ava, where do you think my phone is?" She said, "I don't know." Then proceeded to say, "Maybe, in your pocket?" Haha. It made me laugh so hard. I misplace things all the time and she hears me say, "where is this? Maybe..."

She says No a lot, but a lot of the times instead of just no she will say, "No I'm not" Such as Ava do you want to go to the gym? Or Ava can I change your diaper? "No, I'm Not", and it is in this cute little low volume mumble.

She is pretty good about not having full out tantrums most of the time as long as she is not tired, hungry or bored. She does think it is funny to kick her legs and go on her tummy when I try to change her diaper though. It is not funny.

She loves hats and shoes and jackets. No fights about putting any of those things on.

She is a WONDERFUL mom to her babies. She kisses them when they are sad, feeds them her milk, wipes their face afterward when it is "sticky", pats their back, sings them rock-a-bye and twinkle little star. She will be a great big sister and a LOT of help (maybe too much) ;)

Her favorite place is outside. I have been trying to come up with creative things to do outside rather than just swing and walk up and down her favorite slopey area again and again. She's not quite old enough for crafts yet, but it kept me more entertained :) We dyed salt the other day and used it like glitter to create pictures. She also loves the water. Our baby pool blew away last summer so I improvised with buckets and bowls. She loves playing in water.

She likes to "help". If she is being needy for attention when I am trying to do something I just say Ava, can you help me? Or Ava do you want to watch me? It works every time. It also makes my task a little harder. Haha. What can you do?

She loves lotion and sunscreen. She says, "feels nice" when I put it on her legs and arms.

She does cute things all the time. It is so hard to remember them if you don't write them down immediately.

Anyway, right now Ava is a very happy little girl who loves to laugh and make her mom and dad laugh. She loves to play and show her love for us by giving lots of tight hugs and tons of kisses. She is a great blessing in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment