Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Weekend

Last Friday Jared SURPRISED me with a wonderful Valentine's night out. We ate Bajio at home for dinner and then our home teacher and his wife rang our doorbell. They came to babysit Ava for us! It was so nice of them! We went to the BYU ballet Cinderella. It was beautiful and funny and awesome. Those dancers are so talented. It was so fun to have a night out with Jared. Oh earlier in the day he surprised me with flowers being delivered. I love flowers!! They make it feel like springtime in your home even in the middle of winter.


Monday was my day of Valentine's surprises for Jared. In the morning he opened present that was a picture frame with a collage of Ava's Valentine's photo shoot for him to take to work. Then that night he came home I had a candle lit dinner of chicken cordon bleu, yummy yummy bread, and ceasar salad ready. I let him sit down and brought it out. We also drank Martinelli's which I LOVE and never get sick of. Dessert was heart shaped twinkie's with raspberries. Then we played and had fun with Ava for about an hour before it was her bedtime. I had Jared give her a bath and put her to bed while I got the rest of the evening ready. I took him on a love scavenger hunt around the house. He had to do certain things like feed eachother chocolate covered strawberries, dance to a romantic song, tell eachother our favorite character trait about the other, etc. before he could open the next clue. It was a great evening and one that we will never forget!



1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had an amazing Valentine's weekend! I made Alex Chicken Cordon Blu and Ceaser Salad too! Funny Huh?!

    ReplyDelete