Friday, December 24, 2010

Potato Soup

I made a soup for Oakley's baby blessing and then again for my Christmas Party and a bunch of people wanted the recipe. I am just going to put it on here for all of you to enjoy. It is SO easy, fast (to put together at least), and yummy.

Ingredients: Potatoes, Canned corn, Chicken bullion, cream of chicken soup, Water, 1 pint half and half, salt, pepper, and parsley.

All I did was cut up a bunch of potatoes. I left the skin on because I am lazy like that :) Cut as many as you think you need just eyeball it. Then I mix chicken bullion with water (about 3-4 cups of water and then however much of the bullion that you need for 3-4 c. Usually it is a cube per cup. I mixed 1-2 cans of corn (depending on how much soup you are making) and a can of cream of chicken soup. Salt, pepper, a few shakes of parsley. Then I let it cook in the crock pot for a looong time which helps make it creamier. About 8 hours. Then at the end I pour in a carton of half and half. That is all. It is soo easy and you don't have to be perfect on the amounts which is why I like soups so much. You can just eyeball everything.

Merry Christmas Eve!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing this recipe! I'm going to try it! Why is January the worst month? I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete