My husband is number one. And because he won another contest at his work we got to fly to San Antonio for 3 days mainly to meet Joe Vitale (mrfire.com) which is the lead Jared is mainly working at work right now.
Tuesday night we stayed at the Downing house in American Fork so Ava wouldn’t be disrupted when we left the house to catch our 6 am flight. We got to bed late, Ava did NOT sleep well and I didn’t sleep well when Ava was sleeping, so I was VERY tired when our alarm went off at 3:30 am. We got up and ready and left to meet our carpool to the airport. After 2 flights we arrived in San Antonio around 11 am Texas time. We got to the hotel, changed and headed to Six Flags! We found out their summer hours were over so they closed at 7 and we were all bummed, but there were absolutely no lines! We got pretty much right on to every ride and got all the ones we wanted in and more and by 5:30 were more than ready to leave. It was exhausting. It was so much fun to ride roller coasters there- they have some crazy ones! That night we went down to the river walk and ate at County Line barbeque which was very good and it was fun to eat outside right by the river.
Wednesday we woke up and headed to Wimberly Texas to Joe’s house. We got a tour of his house and then he had a local pizza place owned by a former NFL superbowl champion winner (Collie) I can’t remember his first name, and his entire family come over to bring us pizza. They were the cutest family. They have 13 kids ages 17 to 1 and they all said their names and ages and I felt like I was in the sound of music and they were just so cute. It was delicious pizza (Brewster’s Pizza) if you ever get the chance. It is all natural ingredients and very healthy. We learned that most pizza chains blow something that is essentially sawdust into their cheese to keep it from forming back together into a big block after it has been shredded. Gross.
After the tour we all met in his office and had a mastermind session where basically everyone just talks about goals and steps necessary to achieve them and he gave us all advice. I wish I could explain how awesome this was, but I can’t. It is nice that Jared and I were able to experience this day together because it is so hard to explain it to anyone else. Joe Vitale and all of the people we met that day just have something about them that is so inspiring and positive and they are great to be around. The whole day was like a big brainstorming session which was so great. Most of it was about Prosper (jared’s company), but I learned SO much. And he gave me a book to read to help me with my photography business. It was such an inspiring day. I wish everyone could have that chance.
That night he took us to dinner and we got the Vitale steak, which was super good. Very tender and flavorful and delicious. Before that we got fresh berries, the most delicious crab EVER, and a couple other appetizers. It was SUCH a good meal, and the whole meal was just as inspiring as we all talked. (Well I mostly listened and learned a lot!) Honestly this day was better than six flags, and all 6 of us that went totally agree!
The next day we woke up and went on a tour on the river walk on a boat. It was fun to see everything. Then we went to the Alamo, which looks exactly like pictures, However, I was very surprised to see that it is in the middle of downtown San Antonio. Right across the street is Ripley’s believe it or not Haunted house, and The guiness book of world records museum. Haha. We went to both of those after the Alamo. It was nice to get out of the heat and humidity. I liked the records museum a lot and was sad we didn’t have time to look at everything. Our flight to come home left at 6:30 and we were finally reunited with Ava around 9:30. She was so excited to see us and said Mama and kept wanting to kiss me when I got back. She is so great! We missed her so much, and I was happy to be back in Non-humid weather
So these recent posts are all out of order, but I will just be happy to get them up. These pics have all been on Jared's computer which makes it such more of a pain to get them blogged. And our internet keeps cutting out which has been even more frustrating.
No comments:
Post a Comment