I get bored of eating the same things really quickly so lately I started this new thing where I just google "healthy dinner recipes" and then plan a couple weeks worth of meals from ones I find online. Most of the time they turn out pretty good. In the past couple of weeks I have made 2 recipes that are some of my favorite foods of all time now. They were so good! So I am going to post them so everyone can try them :) This first one tastes like something you would get at Johhny Carinos or Olive Garden.
Chicken Milano
1 tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 cup chicken broth, divided
1 cup heavy cream
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (Use way less if you are using Basil that is not fresh)
8 ounces dry fettuccini pasta
1. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter; add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and 3/4 cup of the chicken broth; increase to medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender. Add the cream and bring to a boil; stirring. Simmer over medium heat until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
2. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil and saute chicken. Press on chicken occasionally with a slotted spatula. Cook for about 4 minutes per side or until the meat feels springy and is no longer pink inside. Transfer to a board; cover and keep warm. Discard the fat from the skillet.
3. In the same skillet, over medium heat, bring 1/4 cup chicken broth to a boil; stirring the pan juices. Reduce slightly and add to the cream sauce; stir in basil and adjust seasonings to taste.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain, transfer to a bowl and toss with 3 to 4 tablespoons of the sauce.
5. Cut each chicken breast into 2 to 3 diagonal slices. Reheat the sauce gently if needed. Transfer the pasta to serving plates; top with chicken and coat with the cream sauce; serve.
I cut up the chicken into bite size pieces and mixed it in with the rest of the sauce to make the chicken go further rather than using a whole chicken breast for each serving of pasta.
This second recipe I made last night. I have been wanting to eat more healthy for my baby and this salad is super yummy, but also very good for you.
Strawberry peach chicken salad
Strawberry Yogurt Dressing
2 containers (6 oz each) Yoplait® Original strawberry yogurt (I used light)
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Salad
6 cups Bibb lettuce leaves, mixed salad greens, spinach, whatever you like best
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into strips
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1 medium peach, peeled and sliced
2 medium green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons)
1. In blender or food processor, place yogurt, strawberries and wine vinegar. Cover; blend on high speed about 15 seconds or until smooth.
2. Arrange remaining ingredients on 4 serving plates.
3. Serve with dressing. Cover and refrigerate any remaining dressing.
Seriously try these recipes! They are soo good!
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment