Monday, March 16, 2009

Pregnancy, Idaho, and Missions!!

Hey everyone! So a lot of stuff has been going on lately. I am now 17 weeks along which means only 3 more weeks until I am halfway! Time sure flys. This picture is me at 16 weeks along. My pants are starting to get tighter...especially the ones that were tight to begin with. My next doctor appointment is this Friday and I will be 18 weeks along then so we are hoping that she will do an ultrasound and tell us what our baby is going to be! We will see :) I can picture her waiting until the next appointment... Anyway pregnancy is still going great. I think I have been pretty lucky so far.
2 weekends ago Jared and I went to the ballet put on by BYU. It was so much fun- I am so glad my husband is willing to go to things like that and also enjoys them! It was West Side Story and Romeo and Juliet. I like the Romeo and Juliet one best becasue it was more like classic ballet with pretty dresses and lots of cool point moves. My favorite is when the dancers go up on point. West Side Story was really good too, it was just not "true ballet" haha. The next night we went to the last home basketball game for BYU. It was against Air Force and was supposed to be a blow-out game. Ha...well it actually turned out to be a very exciting and close game which was fine by me becasue I get bored at games when you know who is going to win the whole time. We went with our friends Stacey and Kyle, and Kimberly and Ryan. After that we went to the red mango where I found my new favorite dessert. Frozen Yogurt with fresh fruit on the side. Jared and I got strawberries and blueberries-yum! This is me and kimberly at the game, and Stacey and Kyle.

This last weekend I was able to drive up to Idaho Falls to see my family and my best friends from high school. It was such a wonderful weekend. The only sad thing was not being with Jared for 2 days. Friday night me and my high school friends had a "weekend before saint patricks day get together party". Back in high school we talked about how we always needed to get together the weekend before saint patricks day even after we were married and lived in different places. I am so glad that it was able to work out this year! My friend Jayleen has the cutest boy named Landon and Michelle has 2 little girls- She brought her little baby Sydni who was born in November. She is adorable! We ate green food and talked all night which was really fun. It is nice to know that nothing really ever changes with us and we can still talk for hours on end. I had the best friends ever in high school! We were all very sad that Christie couldn't come and join in the fun. Next year though! While I was in Idaho Falls I also got to see both of my grandmas which was so much fun! It was good to talk with both of them- I have wonderful grandmas. I also hung out with my mom a lot- we went and ate lunch with my grandma stowell, shopping, out to dinner and watched a movie at home. It was a very relaxing weekend. I was also able to get my assignment done for floral design which was to make an arrangement out of silk flowers. I think it turned out pretty cute. My mom has it in her kitchen now. It was so good to be at home for no reason other than to see the people I love the most.

Me and my friends and their cute kids! ( Landon really likes Sydni...we we will have to see what happens with that in the future ;) )
Last but not least- This sunday I drove back early in the morning becasue Jared's little brother Tyler was giving a talk in Sacrament. He is leaving on his mission to Berlin, Germany this Wednesday. He did such a good job. Afterwards we went to their house and my Mother in Law made a very yummy dinner for everyone. I am so excited for him to go on his mission- he will do such a great job out there!! This is a picture of Jared and his brother and also of me and Jared in the back of his parents house. I am 17 weeks along in this picture. The sky looks so pretty in this picture! I am so happy that the weather has been so nice lately! I wore flip flops today!! Yay for spring!! Happy Saint patricks day tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lot going on! Red Mango is a favorite of mine too, but you have to try Spoon Me! It is my all time favorite! They have a flavored frozen yogurt and then tons of toppings too. If I had a choice, I would pick Spoon Me over Red Mango. GO TRY IT!!

    ReplyDelete