Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Clara's Birth Story

Well Miss Clara,
You are only almost 7 months old and I think this is the first I have written about you on our blog. Sorry!
Your pregnancy was wonderful! There was no worry about you coming early (okay just a little but Nothing in comparison to Bennett). You were a perfect angel just waiting patiently inside until we were ready for you to come. When I was 38 weeks, our doctor stripped my membranes and said if she is ready, she will come, if not she won't. Well that day I had tons of cramping and by that evening I told you dad we needed to go to the hospital. Grandma Downing came and stayed with Ava and Bennett and it was nice because we didn't have to worry about waking someone up in the middle of the night to come watch them. We got to the hospital and I was checked and I was in labor. They gave me the epidural and then I ended up mostly sleeping through the night at the hospital after they broke my water. The next morning super early you were ready to be born! Your delivery was as easy as your other siblings with about a push and a half. You have been the sweetest little angel ever since you arrived. You barely cried when you got shots and pokes in the nursery at the hospital and you only fuss when you really need something. It takes a lot to make you full out cry. We have seriously enjoyed every second with you.

You sleep in a crib in the nook in our room which we have turned into a nursery of sorts. You don't sleep through the night but it hasn't been too much of a bother becasue in every other way you are perfect. You take good naps during the day and most of the time I can just lay you down to fall asleep. You love love love your sister Ava and you tolerate Bennett being in your face all of the time pretty well! You just started sitting up at about 6.5 months. You started baby food at 6 months and have done a great job with it! You are a good eater. Now we just need to figure out how to make that stick. You are a little thing in the 20th % for height and weight. You seem much chubbier than our other 2 though. You are so loved more than you can even understand. You fit perfectly into our family sweet pea.

No comments:

Post a Comment