Wednesday, May 1, 2013

my birthday

This year to celebrate me turing 26(!) we headed up to Idaho. It was a short trip, but we packed a ton into the time we were there. B loved crawling everywhere. It was a whole new world for him! He loved my parents dog Einstein. It was adorable. Bennett would crawl toward Einstein and put his face forward so Einstein could lick it. He made the cutest face and he kept doing it over and over. Kinda gross, but very adorable to watch. The picture of B in the mirror kinda made me sad. I imagine what Bennett would be like with a twin quite often and this picture made it a little too real of what could have been. He loved kissing his reflection.
 
This first night there we went to Red Robin. Yum. ;) I bet you a dollar you just sang that. Then the next day we went to the first official day of the Idaho Falls farmer's market down by the river. It was fun. Then we went and picked out some delicious cupcakes. My mom had a jewelry party which was really fun to go to with tons of cute jewelery. I got to see both grandmas which was fun. Ava went and fell asleep in my arms while we were waiting to leave and had a gigantic, evil spirit take over your body type tantrum because she got woken up in the middle of her nap. Once she finally calmed down we headed to bear world just past Rigby, ID. It was really enjoyable. There were tons of Bears that we got to drive through a park and see. They were pretty close to the car- like I could have opened my door and pet a big black bear. At the end there is a petting zoo and little carnival ride area. The baby bears were to die for adorable. Almost as cute as my own little cubs :) Ava loved going on the rides. Her favorite was the roller coaster which was actually pretty intense. She was giggling and exclaiming how much FUN it was the whole time we were on it. It was cute and so fun to ride with her. We got to feed deer in the petting zoo.
 
Ava is looking so grown up in these pictures. I really don't feel sad too often about my kids growing up, becasue it is fun to see them learn and grow, BUT these pictures made me feel sad about her growing up! She is not a baby anymore, and time is just going way to fast. I am 26 years old for crying out loud! I remember like it was yesterday I was so excited to finally turn 20 and not be a teenager anymore. Jared wrote me a card (His first card to me ever) and it said something about yay for me turning 20-teen. Haha I love him. Before I know it I won't even be in my twenties anymore.
 
Saturday night I surprised Jared and asked him to go to second chance prom with me. It is put on by a local radio station. It was soo fun! They had snacks and pictures and lots of fun music. It reminded me of the good ol' days back when I got to go to dances all the time in high school and college. There really need to be more dances put on for adults. What is the deal? Anyway, Jared and I had so much fun dancing and laughing together.
 
Sunday we ate lunch at my grandma Decker's house, and then headed home. We stopped in AF for dinner with Jared's family. My sister and brother came for cake there which was fun. I got to see almost all my favorite people over my b-day weekend. The weather was gorgeous!! (even in ID) It was a great birthday and I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful life.






 
















No comments:

Post a Comment