Tuesday, November 29, 2011

footprints of love

Dear Mason and Carter,
I sure miss you. I still think about you every single day. Your cousin Sawyer was born a little over a week ago at 29 weeks. Boy it is amazing what a difference 6 weeks makes. He only weighed 2 lb 11 oz when he was born but he looked like a giant compared to you two. Isn't it sad I think a 2 and a half pound baby looks huge? I know you are watching over your cousin and helping him along. He is doing so well. We are so happy for Jason and Brittney and so relieved that Sawyer is doing so great. We sure love him already. I have gone to the nicu to visit him twice now. The first time I was having anxiety attacks the whole day thinking about going back to the place we said goodbye to you guys. When we got there I felt sick to my stomach, but it ended up being okay. I didn't even cry. There were twin babies next to Sawyer which kinda punched me in the stomach a little. I was proud of myself for going. It was good to see someone having a good experience with the nicu. It can be a happy place. The next time was even better. I didn't feel quite as anxious. There is a little baby there who was born at 23 weeks about 3 months ago and he is still living. Lucky parents. I just want to tell you how thankful I am for you guys. I am thankful I have your sweet spirits as an example to me and for the chance I had to be your mama on this earth even for the short time it was. I am thankful I got to hold each of you while you were still living and feel your warm bodies against mine. I am thankful that we got to have a special moment with each of you. I am thankful that your big sister knows who you are and talks about you every day. You two have made a huge impact on our family and your future siblings. I am thankful for my boys. Love you forever, Your mommy

I have been trying to think of something special to do for my babies for Christmas, and I finally thought of something that I think will be perfect for our family and anyone else who wants to do something a little special for Mason and Carter for Christmas. I call it "FOOTPRINTS OF LOVE"
We are going to make an extra effort to serve others through the holiday season. Each time we (or anyone) do something special and nice for someone else, in memory of Mason and Carter, we will put a little orament shaped like their cute little footprints onto their Christmas tree. I want it to be full of service in honor of my babies. If you want to join just send me an email/text/facebook message saying what you did and we will add to their tree. I think my blogger messages are messed up and people can't always comment so these other ways will be better. I hope anyone who looks at my blog will at least do one thing to help someone in need this Christmas season and let me know. I think this will help make our Christmas a little brighter and help us not dwell on the fact that we "should" have two cute little babies to do all our Christmas activities with.

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea. We just bought some big lego blocks for a little two-year-old boy in need for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! We would be honored to contribute to Carter and Masons tree. I'll let you know when we do something.

    ReplyDelete