Monday, September 13, 2010

Ava Lou

So I wasn't planning on doing an "Ava Update" every month now that she is a year old. But, she is just growing and changing and learning so much that I need to write it all down!! I don't have any pictures either.. I kinda slacked in that area this past month. Anyway,

Ava can take steps now. She is kinda a scardy cat in this area though, but I guess I don't blame her. She can go across an entire room when she feels like it. I think in a couple weeks she will be walking everywhere. She started taking steps about 6 days after she turned one.

She speaks SO well. Say any word to her and she will at least attempt it. She says backpack, star, grape, zebra, elmo, big bird, flower, butterfly... that is just the beginning. She is almost always making a noise. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when she is a little 5 or 6 year old and has stories to tell me about school and stuff. Haha.

She is whiny. If she wants something and isn't getting it she has this whine thing she does until we realize what she is asking for and take care of it. (Wanting up on the couch for example). It is also getting hard to take her to stores because she wants to touch everything and starts whining if she doesn't get to. I took her to Old Navy today becasue she needs some more long sleeve shirts. She saw these pajamas packaged in plastic wrappers and for some reason fell in love with them. She was very grumpy until I just went away so she couldn't see them. Also if I hand her something in a store to hold I have to make sure I actually want to get it, becase she may just happen to become very attached to it and will cry if I take it away.

We are definately trying to teach her patience. She is not very good at it yet. We were at Trafalga waiting to get on the merry-go-round and Ava was freaking out. "Why aren't you letting me get on right NOW?" haha. Maybe we should have another kid so she will have to learn to wait and share. (jk!)

Ava is becoming a great napper! For the past 3 days she has taken 2 naps a day (which is normal), BUT I didn't have to nurse her or rock her, or walk around with her in my arms, to sleep. I just layed her in her crib wrapped her up, and put 2 other blankets for her to cuddle with on top and left the room. I love this. Why didn't I do it sooner?

Bedtime is another story. She did that one night (above), but last night she struggled going to sleep. She eventually was able to just be laid in bed, but it took until after 11. Anyway, I am saving so much time by not having to actually put ava to sleep before she can nap! It is amazing!

Ava is just the funnest little girl! She has the greatest personality, a huge sense of humor and is so stinkin' smart. She keeps me on my toes and keeps everyone around her happy and smiling ANY time they are around her. Oh I love Ava :)

1 comment:

  1. It is so fun to see them grow up and learn new things. Oh, and I recommend having another baby ;) but definitely not to teach them patience or how to share...they just become more protective of their stuff ha ha

    ReplyDelete